Carrie Moore

Moderatorzy: tadziu, kyS, thomas72

Awatar użytkownika
elen
Kadet
Kontaktowanie:

Postautor: elen » 01 maja 2008, 14:38

Nie wiem czy wszyscy zobaczyli ale carrie zadebiutowała w WNBA. W nocy rozegrała mecz przedsezonowy. Jej nowa druzyna wygrała...http://www.wnba.com/games/20080430/SEACHI/boxscore.html
Obrazek

"Dopóki nie skorzystałem z Internetu, nie wiedziałem, że na świecie jest tylu idiotów." - Stanisław Lem

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 01 maja 2008, 15:35

Idąc śladem tego, co napisał "elen", oto więcej najnowszych informacji o Carrie Moore.

Carrie Moore Returns From Pro Season in Poland, Gives WNBA Another Shot

Courtesy: Kristin Keirns, assistant director of athletic media relations Release: 04/30/2008

Courtesy: WMU
http://www.wmubroncos.com/

KALAMAZOO, Mich.- After completing her first professional season with AZS Gorzow in Poland on Saturday, former Western Michigan women’s basketball standout Carrie Moore was on a plane Sunday to join the WNBA’s Chicago Sky preseason camp. Moore has signed a training camp contract with the Sky and will fight over the next weeks to earn a permanent spot with the team.

Western Michigan’s all-time leading scorer returns to the United States after living in Poland for the past seven months playing on AZS Gorzow. The team competed against other clubs throughout Poland and ventured to Hungry, Germany and Italy while playing in the EuroCup. Moore’s squad had its best finish ever in the Polish league playoffs which concluded this past weekend, winning the series for third place in four out of five games.

“Poland was an experience,” Moore said after arriving back on U.S. soil. “It was hard at first, getting used to the different culture and being away from home and my family for that long. It wasn’t like I was just away at college.”

Moore returned home just once during her stay abroad, a short trip that lasted less than a week during Christmas.

“The experience made me grow up a lot as a person. I had to get by in a different country by myself.”

While living in Poland, Moore lived in a house that was split into apartments, where she roomed by herself. The apartments surrounding her were those of her teammates, mostly players from the native country as Moore was one of the few Americans. While communication at time could be difficult, Moore noted that most of the other women on her team spoke English and that there were plenty of other American players in the league.

“All of Europe is stacked with WNBA players,” Moore explained. “The European season pretty much goes on during the WNBA’s offseason, so all the pro’s (from the United States) go over there. I played against Chamique Holdsclaw (Tennessee, LA Sparks) and Candice Dupree (Temple, Chicago Sky) and a bunch of others. It was nice to know I could hold my own against them and I developed a lot of friendships.”

While Moore didn’t have the eye-popping numbers she did her senior season of college, when she led the nation in scoring (25.4 ppg) and set nine school records and four Mid-American Conference records, she more than held her own in her first European season. After getting adjusted to the style of play, her numbers steadily increased as she had games where she dropped in 30 points or more, reminiscent of her days in a Bronco uniform. She concluded the season averaging 10.8 points per game, while hauling in 3.0 rebounds a night.

“It was just like any other team you go to, you have to proof yourself before you can play,” Moore said. “There are other people already there and you are trying to take minutes away from them. The game over there is real physical. They get away with a lot more stuff than we do here.”

Concluding her Polish playoffs Saturday, Moore had little time to rest after her Atlantic flight as she reported to her current team, the Chicago Sky on Sunday night. She had a physical at 7 a.m. Monday and has since been busy practicing with her Sky teammates. It is the second WNBA training camp for Moore, who went through last season’s with Phoenix Mercury, the team that went on to win the 2007 championship. While that tryout didn’t work out the way she hoped, she is hoping that her season abroad has prepared her for this challenge.

“I feel more comfortable this time through. Last year I didn’t really know what to expect, how the league worked, what practices would be like. I feel more prepared and am ready to show them what I can do. Plus, playing overseas against some of the same competition has really helped me out.”

Moore has her first chance to prove herself in competition tonight, as the Sky kicks off the 2008 season with a home exhibition game against Seattle. Chicago has two more preseason games next week and starts the regular season on May 17. Moore will have to make it through a series of cuts over the next few days, with the final roster likely to be determined sometime between the last preseason game and the start of the regular season.

“There are about 12 in camp right now and four of five who still have to come back from overseas,” Moore said. “The teams usually keep between 12 and 14. There are a few other players that play the same position, so I know I have my work cut out for me. I am trying to take it one day at a time and give it everything I’ve got.”

An All-American Honorable Mention selection and Mid-American Conference Co-Player of the Year while at Western Michigan, Moore led all Division I players with a 25.4 scoring average her season. She is the school’s all-time leading scorer (2,224) and set the MAC mark for points in a single season (813). A three-time first-team All-MAC honoree, Moore finished her Bronco career third on the MAC all-time scoring list.

To keep up with Carrie Moore and the Chicago Sky, visit http://www.wnba.com/sky/, or you can also visit Carrie's website at http://cmoore33.com/.

źródło: http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.d ... ID=1455315

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 01 maja 2008, 17:10

I jeszcze statystyki Carrie w meczu przedsezonowym, o którym wyżej napisał "elen":

Carrie Moore 1 0 18 1-4 1-3 0-0 1 4 5 2 1 0 3 2 3

Kolejno:
1 ___ liczba meczów
0 ___ w pierwszej piątce
18 __ czas gry
1-4 _ rzuty z gry
1-3 _ rzuty za 3
0-0 _ rzuty wolne
1 ___ zbiórki w ataku
4 ___ zbiórki w obronie
5 ___ zbiórki razem
2 ___ asysty
1 ___ przechwyty
0 ___ bloki
3 ___ straty
2 ___ faule
3 ___ punkty

http://www.wnba.com/sky/stats/

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 04 maja 2008, 07:15

Minionej nocy Chicago Sky rozegrało kolejny (drugi) mecz przedsezonowy wygrywając na wyjeździe z Indiana Fever 81:71.
Carrie Moore grała 11,5 minuty (0 punktów, 1 niecelny za 2, 1 niecelny za 3, 0 rzutów za 1, 0 zbiórek w ataku, 1 zbiórka w obronie, 0 asyst, 2 faule, 1 przechwyt, 0 strat, 0 bloków). Najwięcej punktów dla Sky zdobyły: S.Fowles - 16, C.Melvin - 12, A.Tisdale - 10, Q.Chaney - 8.

Endrju
Senior
Kontaktowanie:

Postautor: Endrju » 04 maja 2008, 14:19

Chyba jeszcze nie czas dla Carrie na WNBA... :?
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE AZS !! NIGDY NIE ZGINIE !!
"Dopóki nie skorzystałem z Internetu, nie wiedziałem, że na świecie jest tylu idiotów."- Stanisław Lem

friel
Kadet

Postautor: friel » 04 maja 2008, 21:51

hmm ja mysle że cos ugra tam zobaczcie że zbiorek i asyst nałapała mam nadzieje że zdecyduje sie grać u nas jak już nie ma z nami Keiti bedziemy strzelca bardzo potrzebować

Endrju
Senior
Kontaktowanie:

Postautor: Endrju » 05 maja 2008, 22:43

friel o czym ty gadasz czlowieku... naprawde ciezko sie czyta te posty ktore ty wypisujesz. Zorientuj sie chociaz troszke a pozniej wypisuj swoje wypociny.
rzymi, rodgers , friel... kto nastepny ??
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE AZS !! NIGDY NIE ZGINIE !!
"Dopóki nie skorzystałem z Internetu, nie wiedziałem, że na świecie jest tylu idiotów."- Stanisław Lem

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 08 maja 2008, 07:25

Oto fragmenty wypowiedzi na Forum zespołu Chicago Sky (po rozegraniu dwóch meczów przedsezonowych)

hoopladreams
Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04May2008 at 7:48pm
............................................................................................................
............................................................................................................
I don't necessarily think that the Tisdale/Stone cuts guarantee Stephanie a place on this team, but I think it makes it a whole lot more likely.
My guess is that right now, Moore and Jackson are battling each other for a spot on this team. One, or both, of them will likely be the last cut(s). They're both so similar I couldn't even tell ya which one I'd prefer...
Our roster this year should be the same as last year with these differences...
(-) Dales
(-) Carla
(-) Coggins
(-) Moeggenberg
(+) Fowles
(+) Chaney
(+) Bernie
That puts our roster at 12 players. If Moore or Jackson make the team, that gives us a full roster of 13.

Joe Foss
Groupie
Posted: 04May2008 at 8:21pm

Agree that Moore and Jackson have very similar games. I watched them play a lot in the MAC - Moore for Western Michigan and Jackson for Miami. Both of them were very quick and could create their own shots, but neither was consistent from 3.
Raymond was the only MAC player in the WNBA last year. There are only 4 MAC players in training camps this year, and 3 of them are with the Sky. Tamara Bowie from Ball State is in the Lynx camp.

hoopladreams
Posted: 04May2008 at 8:30pm

Originally posted by bullsky
I know this might be harsh, but it's hard to be a successful catch-and-shoot player at 5'5". I'm really not sure if Raymond should make this team. We'll see though.

I dunno if I agree with that. I don't remember seeing many of Raymond's 3's getting swatted away (layups, yes. Threes, no). Both Stone and Tisdale are listed as 5'7" and that happened several times. Not to mention repeatedly throwing balls into the arms of defenders becasue they were unable to throw over the top (or make a smart decision for a bounce pass). I don't remember Stephanie having those problems last year.

Originally posted by bullsky
Oh, and someone who went to yesterdays game said they think Carrie Moore should make the team and that she is a smart player with lots of skills. I'm still shocked Amanda Jackson is still in camp.

For me, I really fail to see what Jackson and Moore bring to the table. They're not point guards. They're shooting guards. We have like a hundred of those. In fact, some of our 2-guards are masquarading as point guards (Canty, Perkins) and some of our other 2-guards are masquarading as small forwards (Chaney and Joens). Seriously, why do we need more 2-guards? Get some PG's and SF's and we'll have a ton a SG's by default.

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 08 maja 2008, 16:00

WESTERN MICHIGAN BRONCOS
The Latest News, Updates and Opinions

Ex-Western Michigan University star Moore shoots for Sky, WNBA
by Graham Couch | Kalamazoo Gazette
Thursday May 08, 2008, 1:36 AM

Carrie Moore knows all the essential Polish phrases:

"Give me the flippin' ball."
"I'm open."
"Where's the toilet?"

You know, the three it takes to survive in a foreign country for most of a year.
Moore's hoping the next few months consist of figuring out the routes on Chicago's "L" train -- in English.

Western Michigan University's all-time leading scorer is taking a second run at the WNBA, this time with the Chicago Sky.
Moore, who was cut by the Phoenix Mercury before last season, recently signed a training camp contract with the Sky, flying directly to Chicago after her season with AZS Gorzow in the Polish League. She has no idea what her chances are of making the Sky's final roster, but did survive the first round of cuts, from 18 to 15.

"This whole training camp thing is a bit stressful," Moore said this week by phone. "I'm not sure what (Sky coach and general manager Steven Key) wants. There are definitely spots open but I'm not sure which way he'll go. ... I was told the game (tonight) I'll get a little more time than the last two. That'll be big time in weighing to see if I stay or go.". The Sky host the Los Angeles Sparks at the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates (their usual home is the UIC Pavilion). Moore is averaging 1.5 points in 14.5 minutes in two preseason games.

In Moore's favor, though, is that Chicago was willing to wait for her to finish the Polish season, something that usually only happens for veterans with guaranteed contracts, Moore said, and cost her about a week of training camp.

Regardless of Moore's fate this summer, the 5-foot-9 guard plans to return to overseas -- in the fall if she doesn't make the Sky; in January, after a break, if she does.

"They treat you like stars over there," Moore said of her time in Western Poland. "You get an apartment and a car. Our manager was like our personal assistant, if you needed anything." Moore said she made about $25,000, tax free, for her eight months in Poland -- where she averaged 10.7 points and 3.1 rebounds -- and will likely see a bit more because her team medaled, taking third, its highest place in club history. She was able to save most of it.

"I didn't really spend much over there," she said. "Food, that's about it.

"It was really tough at first. I went to school a few hours from my home (in suburban Detroit). My parents came to every home game and every road game (at WMU). But once I got comfortable with the girls and the city, it wasn't bad. I actually had some fun times over there."

Moore isn't sure what country she's headed to next, but doubts it'll be Poland.

"I kind of want to travel around, go to another country," she said.

Send To A Friend | Print this | Permalink

źródło: http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/ ... rsity.html

Awatar użytkownika
elen
Kadet
Kontaktowanie:

Postautor: elen » 08 maja 2008, 16:31

Prosiłbym nie wklejac samych anglojezycznych przedruków. Kilka osób, w tym np. ja, nie zna angielskiego. Skoro ktos wrzuca juz jakis przedruk to prosiłbym o jego chocby streszczenie, lub przetłumaczenie najwazniejszych fragmentów. z góry dziekuje
Obrazek

"Dopóki nie skorzystałem z Internetu, nie wiedziałem, że na świecie jest tylu idiotów." - Stanisław Lem

Awatar użytkownika
kyS
Kadet

Postautor: kyS » 08 maja 2008, 17:51

Trzy osoby odpadly, Moore walczy dalej i na jesien chce wrocic do Europy, moze Polski. W Polsce bylo super;) tyle wystarczy :wink:
Obrazek

CokolwiekPomiedzyLudzmiKonczySie
ZnaczyNigdySieNieZaczelo
GdybyPrawdziwieSieZaczeloNieSkonczylobySie
SkonczyloSieBoSieNieZaczelo
CokolwiekPrawdziwieSieZaczynaNigdySieNieKonczy

mawi
Żak

Postautor: mawi » 08 maja 2008, 21:08

Dzięki! Wspominała może o mnie?

rodgers-kibic z torunia
Kadet

Postautor: rodgers-kibic z torunia » 09 maja 2008, 08:34

a Carrie zostaje w gorzowie ???

Awatar użytkownika
elen
Kadet
Kontaktowanie:

Postautor: elen » 09 maja 2008, 09:01

poczytaj troche i na pewno sie dowiesz
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
kyS
Kadet

Postautor: kyS » 09 maja 2008, 09:39

mawi pisze:Dzięki! Wspominała może o mnie?
Mowila, ze traktowali ja jak gwiazde - moze to bylo o tobie 8) . No i ze wydawala kase tylko na zarcie - moze chodziliscie gdzies razem na kolacje :D . Niestety wiecej nie da sie naciagnac 8)
Obrazek

CokolwiekPomiedzyLudzmiKonczySie

ZnaczyNigdySieNieZaczelo

GdybyPrawdziwieSieZaczeloNieSkonczylobySie

SkonczyloSieBoSieNieZaczelo

CokolwiekPrawdziwieSieZaczynaNigdySieNieKonczy

Wróć do „AZS-PWSZ Gorzów Wlkp.”